Friday, March 11, 2022

Editing Apps

Film day is approaching!!! I'm so beyond excited to shoot on Sunday, it's going to be fun and smooth! I figured with the day coming closer, it's time to research into editing methods; so it isn't saved for the last minute. I googled things like:

"Vintage Presets"

"Camcorder edits"

"How to edit a video to look vintage"

It wasn't until my final search, "vintage film apps". I found a couple: RetroVHS, Camcorder, Videograde, Filmicpro, etc. I downloaded them all (Filmicpro has been downloaded from the beginning of the year when we did our first project) and tried each of them. 

Why these didn't work:

RetroVHS looked so similar to a basic Instagram filter

Camcorder was far too grainy and would irritate the eyes if someone's looking for too long

Videograde has too much of a green tint

Filmicpro had no vintage edit, it's far more advanced and modern

I then downloaded 8mm. What a relief.



It wasn't free, but it was worth the purchase. I paid 3.99 for the perfect app it gives the mood I want to share. I found it through this website: How to Make Your Video Footage Look Vintage with Phone Apps. 

Luckily I found an app just in time to film rather than having to film on normal video and then search for a preset!

Stay cool, 

    Isabella



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Google Drive YouTube